Subject: Re: Animator Studio and the PVR
From: Darren Metcalfe <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 14:23:17 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:

>>On a related subject, will Animator Studio integrate with the PVR?
>
>        It'll output TGA files, if that's what you mean.  Under NT it should see
>the PVR as a virtual drive, I >think<.
>
>> Do you get a 24bit preview?
>
>        Yep, depending on what you've chosen for your display of course.  It
>always operates in 24bit, which makes it a little slow, IMHO.

I might be misremembering here, but is AS compatible with NT/95? I think an Autodesk 
dealer told me no. Could a whole ton of 16bit Windows code be the reason it's so 
slow?

>        I don't think any animator needs to be SOLD on the PVR  - it practically
>sells itself.  YMMV.

Agreed. It's on my list. My inquiry is for another producer I do occassional work 
and consulting for. He's a great director/animator, but he's a little technophobic, 
he shoots 16mm, takes it to BetaSP, digitizes with a Vidi24 and animates everything 
in Dpaint5. Before that, he became quite famous for his "color photocopy" technique, 
looked great but required a sweat shop full of aspiring animators playing 
cut-and-paste.

-- 
Darren Metcalfe
[email-masked]